Dienstag, 5. Januar 2010

Christmas and New Year at Home

Christmas and new year is a little different in Germany than in Quebec.From the first of December to 24th of December, we have a christmas wreath.On this whreath , there are 4 candles. Every week until Christmas, we light one more candle.We celebrate Christmas with the whole family like here. However, we have no cultural christmas tree.Our christmas trees remain as they are.The christmas decoration is monochrome and maybe you can find 2 colors on our christmas tree.In addition , we have real candles on our christmas tree. It looks very romantic. In Germany on Christmas time it’s important that everything is romantic and beautiful.For us it’s the time of reflection. The days before Christmas we usually visit beautiful Christmas markets.They are very big,when you compare them with those here in Canada.There you can buy beautiful Christmas things or something to eat and drink. A few people go to church.In the night from the 5th to the 6th of December the Nicolaus is coming.When you cleaned your shoes, he puts nice things like chocolate, nuts and clementines in your shoes.Of course, we celebrate christmas with the whole family. We eat together a roast and after it, we distribute gifts. After the 24th of December my mum and I visit a few relatives.I can’t remember, that I have ever celebrated christmas with my father… 







New year is every year the same at home in Germany.In the afternoon until early evening, I'm out with my friends.In the evening I move with my family up to 12 clock. At 12 clock I get together with my family and have a little celebration with my family in the new year.Of course, we make a big firework display, as is fitting for us in Germany. At 1 to 2 o’ clock , I drive to a discothec. There I celebrate the new year with my friends.The next day, I don't do so much.I sleep off and after it I go to my horses.




words:350

2 Kommentare:

  1. Oh my gush I really missed the christmas wreath too. And I love the christmas markets at home ( which are the same as in Germany I think). The have so many cute things... and the roast potatos and the Punsch...
    Is the picture in Hamburg or in Berlin? Because our city hall in Vienna looks very similar to this.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. this are pictures from hamburg!:D

    AntwortenLöschen