Sonntag, 10. Januar 2010

Exchange year in Canada/ATJ in Kanada




Exchange year in Canada/Québec I’ve been thinking for a long time, to do an Exchange year. Ultimately in the last moment , I decided to realize it. I decidet to go to Québec.I have choosen the organisation ASSE/iST Heidelberg.I have found this organisation on a job fair.
Since August, 13th 2009 I’ve been here.The time passes very fast. There are only a few days, until I will fly back to Germany.
The first two weeks, I stayed at Montréal on a Summer Camp of ASSE.
There I lived with a really nice woman, together with two other exchange students.The woman' s name is Nathalie and she has one daughter .By the way, the two were super sporty. The two Exchange Students were called Renée and Violetta.Renée also comes from Hamburg (like me).We were very happy to stay with Nathalie.We have done great matters in our spare time as parashooting.
Sums up the whole time we have eaten only fruits and vegetables.In the morning she made us always a delicious crêpe filled with fruits and hot chocolate or hot cereals with fruit and yoghurt.Lunch and dinner, we only ate fruits
Nevertheless, she has really only ate fruits and vegetables that do not the majority in Canada.After two weeks in Montréal, I flew to Québec.
According to plan, I should have met my permanent host family, where I should live for the following five months, as soon as I've arrived at the Québec Airport.

All were picked up by their host family [unless I]except me .My host family probably thought, that it was not necessary to come to the Airport and pick me up, or had better things to do.So I have been picked up of a woman from my organisation.When I arrived, they just said a normal Hello but nothing else.She has not once asked me how I'm doing or how the flight was.
My room, I had to find myself.
For my feeling, there was no single nice word.There was also another exchange student.She calls Veronika. She comes from a Austria. She is a very nice girl and I like her.Now we still do a lot together.There was just a little stupid thing, for only two days before, I was told, that I stay there with another exchange student too (Veronika). I felt right before fu**ed as far as I remember, I only stayed two weeks in that family.
We have really done almost nothing, except watching TV.One time we went to the horses. But we have done nothing with the horses.But in that 2 weeks pretty much happened, which was not so nice.For Insider, there is a milk story ,a jackstory, socks story and bedstory.^^“
Thanks God” I have broken my finger and they did not want to go to the doctor with me.
But I wanted to go to the doctor in any case. So I went to the doctor in school time. Respectively the school director has driven me to a doctor.Later, he has asked Veronika and me, if everything was okay. Veronika has told him all the stories.I was not able to do it.The school director told me, that there’s a surprise waiting for me, when I go home.When I came home, there was Lisa, the woman of my organisation.
She picked me up from my old host family.Fortunately I was allowed to stay at Lisa' s home till I have found a new permanent homestay.
She is a nice person and she has a very beautifull house.

Thanks God, I quickly met a very nice girl. :D
Julie!
To me she was really like a rescue angel.
She offered me to stay with her, which I have gladly accepted. Julie has two nice and a bit crazy big brothers and a nice mum and a nice dad.The rest of the family is very nice too.We are making great things together and we always eat very tasty meals.
I am super happy to stay here and I can not imagine a better host family!They gave me a warm reception
We have done snow mobile, we lived 3 days in a forest
( without electricity or such other things ), we visited Québec City, we visited Old Québec, we went shopping and did many other nice things. They have even bought me a new wardrobe.And in addition to that, I also think it is very kind of them to always ask how I 'm doing and how my parents are doing, and if I do probably need something.
If I would not have found such a great host family, I think I would have flown home.
In a few years, I would like to make another exchange year again. I want to go to an English- or Spanish-speaking country.
I hope I will be given the chance to live again within such a great Family.

words:847

1 Kommentar:

  1. You are already gone now... I hope you enjoyed your stay with us. Good success in everything!
    By the way... during the last English class, had you notice the enormous orange card going around?

    AntwortenLöschen